Monday 27 October 2014

Özil Interview | German Arsenal Blog | There Will Be Haters

<<Visit scoutedfootball.com for profiles on the best young talents in world football>>


Why Arsenal
"First of all, I'm really looking forward to it because I have the complete faith of the manager. I talked to him at length over the phone and he told me his ideas and he trusts me - and I need that as a player. I'm also looking forward to meeting my team mates like Podolski or Mertesacker. I'm excited for the new task ahead. I already heard how great the fans are, the city is great and the team is super class."

Wenger speaking German
"Sure, but as I already said, a couple of team mates are there (Poldi/ Merte) that will help me."

What changed his mind
"At that moment [of the interview] I was sure I would stay at Madrid. Then I realised I would not get the full trust of the manager. I am a player who needs to feel that - and I felt that with Arsenal and that's the reason why I'm signing for them."

Future / WC
"Of course. Arsène Wenger gives me the chance to develop and be fully fit for the World Cup. I know my abilities and potential and I would have made it in every club at the world - because I'm convinced of my abilities. But if I don't feel that trust, then I have to leave the club.[...] I will continue to grown under the new manager and I'm also looking forward to the Premier League."


Full interview can be found here

http://tv.dfb.de/index.php?view=6355 



No comments:

Post a Comment